Role of Volunteer Driver
- Director of SPRED
- Group Leader Catechist
Description of the role:
- To pick up and drop off safely a friend from their home to the SPRED group
- To take the friend home after the group if over. (The driver is not expected to stay to wait for the friend during the group).
- To liaise with the family or staff members and group leader to ensure the timely and safe delivery of the friend to the relevant group.
- To follow the Guidance on Awareness and Safety in our Catholic Communities issued by the National Office for the Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults from the Bishop’s Conference of Scotland.
- To commitment to driving a friend to and from the group fortnightly during term time.
Gifts and Talents:
- Clean driving license
- Be of a clam and patient disposition
- Good communication skills particularly with friends with learning disabilities especially being aware of the need to communicate age appropriately.
- A full commitment to the ethos of SPRED
- Commitment to the physical, emotional and spiritual well being of the friends
- A willingness to join the PVG Scheme and to undergo checking and approval as a volunteer in accordance with the Church’s Guidelines.
- There is an expectation of attending training that is offered by the Archdiocesan Office on Safeguarding LEVEL 1 where guidance and training materials on Safeguarding Children and Young People will be provided
For more information Contact us